Ideal for a first ride, especially for younger children - from 4 upwards.
The ride takes half an hour. Riders go out around our bridleway which goes through Itchen Valley Country Park.
Horses are led by one of our helpers and are accompanied by an instructor.
Fun learning for children aged 4 - 6 years old
20 minute sessions with groups no larger than 4.
Children are encouraged to have fun while learning the basics of riding and handling our quiet, children's ponies.
Groups lessons are 1 hour long and are divided into abilities, allow riders to progress through the groups at their own pace.
- Beginners lesson: are on and off the lead rein in walk trot. Beginner lessons are also good for nervous riders or those gaining their confidence with riding before going to the next level.
- Novice: riders who are learning sitting trot and beginning to canter. The more advanced novice lessons can also include learning about jumping.
- Advanced: riders who are confident with or without stirrups in walk, trot and cantering easily. Advanced lessons can include some basic dressage and jumping.
Private / Shared Private Lessons
Private and shared private lessons are taught on a one-to-one basis and can be half an hour or 1 hour duration.
- Fun and enjoyable activity for both horse and rider.
- Ideal for working on specific problems.
- Good for those who would be nervous or feel self concious in a group lesson.
- Riding for disabled groups run regularly throughout the year
- We also work closely with local schools, colleges and universities.
Semi Private Lessons
Minimum 2 riders a maximum of 4 in a semi private lesson.
They are ideal for families or friends that want to learn together and whose riding capabilities are at a similar standard.
Semi private lessons can be half an hour or an 1 hour long, depending on the fitness and ability of the riders.
Dressage lessons can be private, semi private or group lessons.
Ideal for those riders at a novice or advanced standard who want to develop better control and understanding of the horse.
Lessons can include learning about basic dressage movements and riding a dressage test.
If required, we can practice tests for local competitions and then go to compete.
Show Jumping Lessons
These lessons can be private, semi private or group lessons.
Jumping lessons can be geared to those just beginning to jump or to those wanting to jump a course or work through a grid.
Riders should be able to canter before they join jumping lessons, please check with your instructor first.
Cross Country Lessons
These lessons can be private, semi private of group lessons.
Learn the skills of cross country jumping through our own cross country course, going through a variety of terrain including
ancient woodland and open paddocks. Riders should be confidently jumping in the school before going to cross country.
Jumps vary in size from quite small to around 3 feet in height.